Preschoolers love to play guessing games! One of the best ways to introduce them to the idea of guessing is by telling them some riddles.
Here are 10 Bible riddles to get you started. Each one points to a Bible character that many of your little ones might already be familiar with. However, to be sure your preschoolers will be successful at giving correct answers to the riddles, you may want to go over some of the Bible stories ahead of time that introduce the Bible characters. You also might want to have some pictures of the people mentioned to show your children after they answer correctly. This will help solidify the people’s identity in their minds even more. Enjoy!
1. We were the first people God ever made. We lived in a beautiful garden, but we disobeyed God by eating the fruit from the tree. We loved God and God forgave our sins. Who are we? (Adam and Eve)
2. God asked me to build a big boat. He told me to fill it with all of my family and all the different animals. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Noah)
3. My dad gave me a beautiful coat made of lots of different colors. My brothers sold me into slavery. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I?
4. My mommy hid me in a basket when I was just a baby to save my life. Later, God gave me ten important commandments. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Moses)
5. I was a shepherd when I was a young boy, then one day I became the King of Israel. I wrote beautiful songs to God. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (David)
6. I loved to pray to God. Some people didn’t want me to pray, so they threw me into the lion’s den, but God protected me. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Daniel)
7. I was a young girl when I had my first son in the city of Bethlehem. His name was Jesus. He grew up and died on the cross for all the sins of the world. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Mary)
8. I was Jesus’ father here on earth. Mary was my wife. I liked to build things and was a carpenter. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Joseph)
9. I was a fisherman and one of Jesus’ disciples. I was rescued by out of prison by an angel. I loved God and God forgave my sins. Who am I? (Peter)
10. I was born in Bethlehem. When I grew to be a man, I had many friends called disciples. I died on the cross to forgive your sins. Who am I? (Jesus)