Here are 5 popular teenage birthday party themes for girls to help you get started planning their next party.
1) Mall Scavenger Hunt: What do teenage girls love? Hanging out at the mall! This theme idea is a blast and works great for teenage girls between 12 and 16 years old. What you do is go to the mall a few days before, and come up with ten clues by looking in the stores, the food court, etc.
On the day of the party (depending on age) let them do the scavenger hunt on their own. Divide them into groups and set them off to hunt down the clues! In the case of the pizza, you may send your teen out with money, so she can actually purchase the pizza and they can all have it for lunch.
2) Teenage Game Mega Party: A mega party is all about the games! It can be teen girls and guys and it’s best if they have a big enough space, like a basement or rec room for the party. What you do is before the birthday, come up with a list of 20 or 30 teenage birthday party games. Set up all the supplies needed and the instructions on how to do them.
When it comes time for the mega party, it’s time for you to bow out though! Keep an “ear” on things from a nearby room, but give them some privacy. The games theme will keep the teen boys interested in the party which will make your birthday girl very happy!
3) Spa Party: It doesn’t get better than a spa party! Go to a shop like Bath and Body Works and pick up a variety of products or a few sampler packs. On the birthday day, have all the teens have an at-home pampered spa experience.
Make iced mint tea with fresh mint leaves and rose petals in it. Give the girls the equipment for a facial scrub, a facial lotion, eyebrow tweezing and a pedicure. Then let them have at it! The invitation could request that they bring a bathrobe and a hair wrap to complete the look and feel.
4) Princess Birthday: Yeah. This is a teenage party ideas article, and I did say princess! A princess theme isn’t just for little girls. Think almost grown up princess. You can go in several directions with this one. Ideas are “Spoiled Rotten Princess”, “Diva Princess”, “Perfect Princess”. Basically a few tiaras (from Claire’s or Ice at the mall rather than a party store), and lots of glitzy, fun decorations in pink. The more sparkles the better! I promise, you’re girl ain’t too old for a princess party!
5) Masquerade Ball: It doesn’t have to be as fancy as it sounds. But it is a masquerade party. Everyone must wear a mask. This is a great idea if it is a mixed party with guys and girls. The teenage girls can really get into the spirit of it, and wear fancy gowns. It helps if you have a large enough space for a makeshift dance floor.
These teenage birthday party ideas will get you thinking. The perfect theme is out there! It might just be one of these.