What does Cortege mean? Learn the meaning of Cortege as we define this advanced vocabulary word with a simple definition, pictures, example sentences, English pronunciation and audio.
Cortege definition (noun) an individual’s entourage or a grave procession
Cortege pronunciation: kawr-tezh
Examples of Cortege in a sentence:
1. A cortege of vehicles followed the hearse into the cemetery.
2. Whenever the celebrity travels, she is followed by a cortege of her staff members.
3. There was silence as the cortege of soldiers followed the casket carrying one of their own.
4. To accommodate his cortege of friends and family, the rapper needs an additional fifteen hotel rooms.
5. A police officer led the funeral cortege to the cemetery.
Cortege synonyms and other related words for Cortege
retinue, suite, procession, train, entourage, escort, column, parade, line, caravan, court, attendant, cavalcade, file, following, march, company, funeral, funeral procession, motorcade, row, string, burial, chaperon, companion, consort, convoy, dead march, dirge, guard
Dictionary Definition & Sentences Page
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER + VISIT OUR VOCABULARY RESOURCE LEARNING WEBSITES (Bookmark ’em!) 👇
► http://VocabularyVideos.com – a memorable name that’ll redirect you to our word of the day vocabulary videos.
► https://WordsinaSentence.com – our sentence dictionary Website, where we define words with sentences
► https://Twitter.com/vocabularyhelp – Twitter account for my vocabularic tweets