Helen Keller’s June 27th birthday is right around the corner and I thought it would be fitting to honor her with a few of her famous Helen Keller quotes. After all, the world can really learn something from Helen’s determination, compassion and ability to grow. Here are ten quotes to commemorate the day of her birth.
1. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
2. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therein to be content.”
3. “Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all – the apathy of human beings.”
4. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
5. “There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.”
6. “Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world.”
7. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”
8. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.”
9. “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
10. “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.”
I wonder how different Helen’s life would have been if she hadn’t had such spirit. Where would she have been without the fire and drive that impressed everyone who met her? Helen is proof of the fact that we can look inside ourselves to make change in the world around us. Let these ten Helen Keller quotes remind us of that.
Source by Noel Jameson