Mother’s Day poems and Mother’s Day quotes are just what you need to take your holiday gift or card from special to spectacular. If you’re looking for something unique this year for Mom, then look no further than Mother’s Day poems or Mother’s Day quotes. The perfect addition to a card (whether written in it or inserted on separate stationery), or ideal as a framed stand-alone gift, Mother’s Day poems and quotes go a long way in recognizing Mom on her special day, thanking her for all she does for you, and telling her just what she means to you. Whether sassy, silly or sweet, a Mother’s Day poem is sure to bring a smile to her face on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day poems and Mother’s Day quotes are easy to find; the trick is to find the one that sums up most accurately how you feel about Mommy dearest, the one that best describes your dedication and loyalty to your Mother, the one that really reflects how you feel about her. Here are a few Mother’s Day poems and Mother’s Day quotes that are popularly used in cards and gifts.
Mother’s Day Poems
- “M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she’s growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
A word that means the world to me.
- Only One Mother
Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,
Hundreds of lambs in the sunny weather.
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the world wide over. Author Unknown
- Wonderful Mother
God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He molded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks fair roses you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.
- To My Mother
For all the times you gently picked me up,
When I fell down,
For all the times you tied my shoes
And tucked me into bed,
Or needed something
But put me first instead.
For everything we shared,
The dreams, the laughter,
And the tears,
I love you with a "Special Love"
That deepens every year.
Mother’s Day Quotes
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother’s Soul
- “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” ~T. DeWitt Talmage
- “A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.” ~Author Unknown
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” ~Irish Proverb
- “God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” ~Jewish Proverb
- “My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.” ~Graycie Harmon
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Author Unknown