Mouen Khashab, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Director of Therapeutic Endoscopy, Johns Hopkins Gastroenterology & Hepatology, discusses Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) – how it is performed, who is eligible for the procedure, expected outcomes and the key benefits.
For more information, visit the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology webpage at http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gastroenterology_hepatology/clinical_services/advanced_endoscopy/peroral_endoscopic_myotomy.html
Or call 443-287-1960.
1. What is POEM? (0:11)
2. What is Esophageal Achalasia? (0:30)
3. Who does this condition effect and what symptoms are common? (1:20)
4. How is POEM performed? (1:46)
5. Who is eligible for the procedure? (3:12)
6. What are the expected outcomes? (3:36)
7. What are the key benefits of POEM? (3:54)