There are quotes that make us smile, quotes that make us think, and quotes that get our adrenaline pumping. There are famous quotes that inspire all of us, and there are not so famous quotes that motivate a lot of us. We’ve all got our favourites; what is the one famous inspirational quote that gets you excited every single time?
Here is a list of fifteen famous inspirational quotes to move you closer towards your goals:
1. “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.” – Vince Lombardi
2. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
3. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble up, if thou wilt ever dig.” – Marcus Aurelius
5. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
6. “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
7. “Obstacles are necessary for success because…victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” – Og Mandino
8. “If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.” – Jim Rohn
10. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
12. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” – Brian Tracy
13. “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” – Tony Robbins
14. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.” – Michael Jordan
15. “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” – Abraham Lincoln
Hopefully you have discovered a famous quote that will inspire, motivate, and energise you every time you read it.